4.03.2012

Making the Transition

Tucker is just over a week old, and we're working on making the transition from 3 under this roof to 4.

He is a really good baby, and pretty darn easy to love.
I will admit that the past few days I have felt a sad little bit of disappointment over the fact that "it's" all over.
"It" meaning the whole experience.
The pregnancy...the labor...the anticipation...the excitement...the celebration.
Granted, I've got some serious hormones messing with my brain at this point, it is kind of hard not to wish you could savor every moment just a little longer- and without the cloud of "baby blue-age" skewing your perception of everything.

I'm working really hard to live in the moment, because I know that I will look back on these days with fondness and wish I could revisit them.

Jack is getting the hang of things pretty well.
He is always sweet to Tucker, and is incredible careful whenever he is around him.
He loves to climb up on the bottom rungs of the crib and peek in to see Tucker sleep, and is the first to run in his room when he makes a sound.
He calls the baby "Tuck"... which sounds more like "Chuck" or "Tork" depending on the minute. 

Jack also likes to throw fun little fits about trivial things like brushing his teeth or not being able to play with a lighter.
He's developed a love for slamming doors, wants to eat Macaroni and Cheese 5 times a day, and is not all that subtle about his feelings about most of our visitors.  If you're not around Jack numerous times a week, most likely he'll want nothing to do with you... unless you'll play basketball with him...
then, he's willing to make an exception.
He requires a bit more love...a bit more attention... a bit more of everything...
But- he's making it.
And- I already see him acting the "big boy" part more and more each day.

Jack finds putting his finger in Tucker's binky to be the most hilarious experience.

He also loves talking to Tuck in a condescending "older" person high-pitch voice.

He might consider hurting him...like throwing this pillow in his face... but he never acts upon it (yet).

All and all, he keeps it pretty cool around little brother.

Pretty much the only time Jack asks to hold Tucker is at night before bed. 
He loves to sit in his chair and "hold" him.

(Love the relaxed pose.)


 





Jack is also still obsessed with his Spiderman shirt and his Superman movie.
He'll watch himself act like a super hero in front of the mirror for hours a day.


His bare belly is about the only thing cooler to look at than his Spiderman shirt.



And...then there is Tucker.
Sweetest little mug around...really.


He's sleeping for 3-4 hours at a time at night.
Wakes up to eat...and then back to sleep.



Sleeps most of the day still.

 
 

Eats like a champ.


And is some serious eye candy.


Such a love.


I'm making a pretty speedy recovery...feeling good physically...getting there mentally.

Brett is picking up the pieces from the rest of our current quirks...and never so much as bats an eyelash. He's been amazing, and most days I feel like handcuffing myself to him so he can't leave for work!

I have to keep reminding myself that one week isn't really all that long...
And we've already come a long way.
I think this family of FOUR thing will suit us fine.

Fine, indeed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so cute! I need to see him in person. Jack looks like such a cute big brother (and superhero). Good luck getting those emotions sorted out. Ben is almost 3 and I feel like I just barely got it under control. The baby blues are rough. Good luck! Tucker is soo dang cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Jeez, Miss Blogger! I can't keep up. I love the pictures of Jack holding Tucker on his chair. They are so darling. I can only imagine the adventures of Jack and Tuck. You're doing an amazing job adjusting to life with two kids. Remember to just ride the wave sis. You make me feel like I need to blog something!

Esmerelda said...

Lovely post, Sarah! Nice to hear how you're feeling, too. Beautiful, sweet pictures. Just love that Tucker is already "Tuck."
Can't wait to see little man.
Love you,
ST in Seadaddle

kennan said...

the transition is the worst, for me. 2 kids suits you well.

p.s. you arent suppose to make me want another baby. geez.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

tuck is sooo amazing. you sound like you are doing awesome... 2 kicked my butt. i sat in the corner and cried every day for about a month and wasn't sure i was really on board with it all.


good news. it just gets better and better... and then all of the sudden you'll be pregnant with the third. :)

i want to eat up both your boys. too damn cute for their own good