2.19.2012

Kangaroo Zoo'n It

 Friday, Annie and I decided that the little boys needed a break from our regular routine, so we loaded up Jack, Max, and Sam and headed to Kangaroo Zoo.
(Oh, and we loaded up Grandma Jackie too...of course!)
Given my current state... I knew I would be pretty limited when it came to getting my bounce on, but Annie insisted that she would handle Jack.

I would say she stepped up x 900!
I think she endured climbing about 500 steps...
Cruised down at least 259 slides...
Heard Jack yell "AAAAEEEE" (he likes to omit the n's from her name) every 4 seconds...
And even suffered a blister from the slide friction on her ankle!
She wins.

It really means a lot to me that Jack looks to her like a second mom.
In fact, that day for sure, I think he'd pick her as his FIRST mom.
I couldn't have done it without her... as was evidence by the ONE slide that I climbed into and fell out of in a really unappetizing fashion.
It wasn't pretty.
Ask Max.

Oh, and let's not forget my sweet mama.
She saves me every single day.  No kidding.
And don't you think for one second that in the middle of feeding Sam and watching after his every need...that she missed out on some slide action for herself.
That's right- she got in on the action and took her own little jaunt down a slide (including probably the biggest one) or two with Jack.
Coolest grandma ever.

I pretty much sat like a beached whale.
I did take pictures, though.
(Which I will say is harder than you'd think with all of the bounce going on!)

Unfortunately...no one snapped a picture of my graceful slide attempt.
Tragic.

















 


1 comment:

Annie said...

There is nothing like sliding with Jack. It is no chore, trust me! I had a blast with the boys and I love me some slide action. That little outing proved to me that I can never be too far from my family. I love that Jack wants me and loves me and believe me I will never, ever get sick of him saying AIEEEEE! Max's entire face lit up when he saw his crew (mom, you, and Jack) stroll into Kangaroo Zoo.
I am so happy to actually help you out once in a while sis, I owe you so big for everything you do for me. When Jack is feeling out of sorts when the baby comes, I may just have to kidnap him and have some quality slide time to ease his pain.