2.07.2012

Jack's Playlist

Like with most things in his life, Jack is very particular about his music preferences.

...

He can literally thumb through my entire iPod, and every time he will pick out the exact same songs. Not only will he pick them out- he insists on listening to them roughly 900 times before we can move on to the next song to exhaust. It's not uncommon either for Jack to refuse a live version or cover of the exact same song. This kid definitely knows what he likes!

...

If only mix CD's were still the rage...Jack would make a killer one for the 2 year old crowd.

Or a hilariously random one, at least.

...

I give you... Jack's playlist:

I just might pull my hair out from hearing any one of these- but at the same time, LOVE them all the same because they are now forever branded as Jack's.
That kid makes me laugh like you wouldn't believe.

...

  • Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer
  • Friends, Lovers, or Nothing- John Mayer

(Jack loves himself some sentimental sap. Both totally fitting for the life experiences of a 2 year old!)

  • Bad to the Bone- George Thorogood

(Jack picked this one up on the radio one day and has never looked back)

  • Questions- Jack Johnson
  • Supposed to Be- Jack Johnson

(Both of these are from the Curious George movie ...and you've never heard a cuter voice sing along in your life!)

  • Put on Your Sunday Clothes- Hello Dolly

(Brett can bust out a good show tune here or there... but, Jack picked this treasure up from Wall-E. Such a snappy little tune...)

  • Heart of Gold- Neil Young

(This kid definitely has my dad's genes in there somewhere! )

  • Hard to Say I'm Sorry: Chicago

(His love for this song is so hilariously random... but, I do drive a Suburban... it's kind of perfect.)

...

2 comments:

Lou said...

WANK! That is seriously hilarious. I was expecting something like Popcorn Popping or Wheels on the Bus...but oh contraire (apparently it's au contraire in french. I just looked it up) my friends! Little Jack man is busting out John Mayer and Neil Young! Why am I not surprised!? Where are the Beatles? Good post, good good post.

P.S. Tell Annie not to be mad that I'm the first to comment. I was shocked too.

Don't forget to call me on Friday.

Annie said...

I'm not mad Lou! Ok maybe a little. I agree, this post is genius just like your amazing little boy. Bad to the bone is still killing me!