2.03.2012

Back in the Game

Well, here I am.
...
Nearly one month since my last post... and the blog guilt is back.

...

It may have something to do with my sister (and most dedicated blog follower) Annie telling me she's written off my blog. Nooooo!
....
Or, perhaps it's the fact that she made a super valid point that if I don't write stuff Jack is doing down...I am going to forget.
....
Seems impossible...but, I know I will.

...

.
My poor 2012 blog book will be like 3 pages if I don't snap out of this funk I'm in!
...
I have a new motivation to post... a new tactic.
With my job writing... I do the research, map it out, write a long involved post, edit it, re-edit it, upload it, edit it 99 more times.... No wonder I'm burned out when I think "blog." So- instead of this approach, I'm going to bust out some short and sweet ones...and I'll prepare you now... they'll almost 100% be about Jack (oh, there's a switch!). I could probably handle a post or two about other goings on in there as well... but, with baby under a month 1/2 away... I've got to let Jack have the spotlight before he's got to share it! He is in such an adorable and hilarious phase right now-- it really is a shame not to document it! Here are some photos Jack posed for all on his own the other night just to prove
a) how amazing his jammies are, and
b) that he's still not only cute but one funny little terd, too!

......

...


So here we go... day #1 of back on track! And I'm going to vow not to include "I've sucked at blogging lately" in another post for at least 6 months!
...
Things around here as of late have been good. Busy. Fast.
...
It seems like even with my girthy state only get more girthier (that seems to be a perfectly ugly way of describing my current level of attractiveness), and when time typically would seem slow... things just continue to move along in fast motion.
...
I recently had to switch OB doctors because of our lovely insurance...and it turns out I'll be delivering at Timpanogos now instead of American Fork. I cried for like 2 months...2 months ago...and now I'm over it, and all is good. I had to go in for a little check-a-roo a while back because baby was doing straaange things to my body...and I got a big boy ultrasound and can see his little profile so clearly. Ooooh. He better have juicy cheeks. That's all I can say.

....
All is well with baby... and me.

...

Jack has been a champ in his new bed. A couple of really early morning awakenings and 2 hour naps versus 4... but, 3 weeks into it... he's back on track with very little effort.
His room is all done...and he thinks it's pretty snazzy.
...

We love us some Eric Carle.

...


Brett is busy keeping up with all of the room renovations between Jack and baby. If he's not hanging nursery lights...or putting cribs back up (man that made me feel like my babies are close together)... he's working on the addition to the bonus room. This room is Brett's brain child... and it is amazing. There is a small play area with a window (to the left), a hallway and stairs (middle) that lead to a slide (which he made), that comes out into the bonus room (on the right). You can bet your little boots I will be showing the complete version when it is ready.
It is something to behold.
...

...

Baby preparations are in full swing. Still no name (I'll take suggestions). But, his room is getting closer. It helps when I work for a baby bedding company. Crib bedding, lights, blankets, and more... we're pretty much set.

Here's a peek at my crib set... the room is in no state for showing off yet... but- I will soon.
( I blog again, now- did you know?)

...

More to come soon...

1 comment:

Annie said...

That'll do sis, that'll do. I didn't mean to make you feel guilty about blogging, but I'm kinda glad I did! Between Jack and all his antics, and all the baby mama drama, you should have unlimited material. I love how I anticipate your posts. It's like I live out of state and have no clue what is going on in your life. Keep up the good work pal, and don't be so hard on yourself, sheesh, you have a ton going on right now. I would love to hang out but I have a client waiting on me at Sundance, so I have to go skiing today...ahhhhhhh!