12.06.2010

Christmas-Animal Style

This weekend-
...
9:41 am: A text came in from my mom saying:
...
WANKIER EXTRAVAGANZA...Christmas Style.
Be at our house tonight @ 5 pm...dress warm..you will get further instructions then.
We will be eating here first.
Bring Jack's stroller....
...
We were all a bit surprised to have such a spur-of-the-moment event coming from my parents.
The Wankier family does not roll spur of the moment.
...
...
But, we all bundled up, and showed up at 5:00.
...
My parents had dinner hot and ready, and informed us we were going to go up to Hogle Zoo to see Zoo Lights.
.....
We were all stoked to have something out of the ordinary to go and do! We loaded up and we were off!
...
When we got into Salt Lake, there was a serious case of fog.
It made for a bit of a scary drive, and some tricky pictures... but we all had an absolute blast!
...
We started the evening out chatting it up with Santa.
(Jack was interested long enough to give him a High 5 and then bolt)
My mom and dad bought all the kids rides on the carousel.
Turns out--the carousel is scary for the 5 and 6 year old crowd.
I did my best to raise their spirits by jumping around like a total fool.
...
We actually got to see a good amount of animals.
Many of these rotten snakes, scorpions, and other rodents were wide eyed and put on quite a show.
You can see how Annie and Kate felt about the snake who was crawling out of it's skin...
Best parents ever.
I'm slowly morphing into my mom.
(oh, Isabel. I love you)
...
Jack was so entertaining!
He spent about half the time bundled up in his cushy stroller.
The other half of the time, he was running wild giving us all plenty to laugh at.
...
We were really in the zoo spirit as you can see by everyone's response when I asked for an animal pose...
It's probably no surprise that I absolutely adore my family.
It's impossible for me not to be thankful every day that we all live so close and can do stuff like this together.
...
Thanks mom and dad for the perfect idea!

3 comments:

Annie said...

That snake shedding it's skin haunted my dreams last night, disgusting. Other than that the night was perfection. I love when mom and dad pull little stunts like this. I agree that our parents are the best ever.


Your lemur impression was spot on as well as Randy's turtle. Thank you for consoling Hank who was FREAKED OUT by the carousel...what the hell? Thank you for beating me to the punch by posting this first. Thank you for producing the most adorable son ever! Thank you for capturing a cute picture of Max and I. Thank you for living 6 minutes away from me and thank you for talking to me for the last hour.

Annie said...

Getting 2 comments totally rules!

Anonymous said...

Jack!! Can you please bring him over to my house in those boots so that I can enjoy him in person in those? And, you are sorta morphing into your mom. :) But, that is like the best person ever to morph into. I kinda want to morph into Jackie...