12.26.2010

Christmas 2010

...
...
-Christmas Card Pictures
///
Christmas....
It was the best of times....
It was the worst of times.
...
I think that might be a good interpretation of Jack's Christmas this year.
......
We definitely had our fair share of festivities this past week.
Let me take you along...
...
(Oh, and by the way... does anyone else find Christmas to be a nearly impossible time to take good pictures?)
...
...
WEDNESDAY 12.22
Jones Adult Outing: BYU Art Museum- Carl Bloch Exhibit
...
We were lucky enough to have Kate watch Jack for us this night, while we spent the night kidless looking at beautiful art and eating a delicious meal at PF Changs. Brandon and DeEtte were in town for a few days, and Adam & Michelle came down from Syracuse for the occasion.
I happen to be the WORST at getting pictures with this family!
Why is that?
I'm thinking maybe it's because they're too beautiful to be photographed with.
..
..
THURSDAY 12.23
Monkey Island
Annie and I decided our kids needed to get out of the house for something other than blasted shopping (again!) so we took them to a place by our houses called Monkey Island. It's a place of all blow-up bounce houses, slides, and toys. No one was there. The 2 and under crowd is free (a.k.a. Jack), and parents get their jump on free as well. So...pretty much...it was the best decision I made all holiday weekend. My only regret is that Annie and I didn't get a chance to duke it out in the obstacle course. Something tells me we'll be back.
Literally every picture I took at this place was blurred because Jack was moving and jumping so fast.
...
..
Tucker Family Christmas Party- La Dolce Vita
That night, we cleaned Monkey Island off, and went to Provo for the Tucker/Eliason family Christmas party. Other than the insane traffic, it was a great Christmas Eve-Eve. I have very few pictures to prove the festivities of this party...but, Jack was still in pretty fine form at this point. Santa didn't make too big of an impression, but Jack kept entertained with throwing a napkin over his head for about 94% of the night.
Oh, and he looked absolutely amazing while he was at it.
Jack kept a safe distance.
My sisters and I probably attempted 12 pictures of us together at every event, and somehow we never look in the same direction.
......
..
FRIDAY 12.24
Christmas Eve- Monkey Island, part dos
Brett didn't have work this day, so Jack and I decided to show off our new found gem in Monkey Island to him, so we dragged our bones back for the second day in a row. Jack was all over showing off for him.
...
....
...
Syracuse with the Jones'
After a brief nap, we were off to Syracuse to Brett's sister Michelle's house for Christmas Eve festivities with the Jones'. Her house looked beautiful, the food was delish, we played games, and Jack had darling cousins to play with . Of course, there was also the tradition of acting out the nativity...which never disappoints.
...
Jack sat in a basket as Baby Jesus, and played with the Frankincense jar.
I was a really reverent Shepherd.
(I know. I totally look like one)
...
This night, however, I believe Jack started to consider that Christmas is for the birds.
He was a bit hard to please.
A bit out of sorts.
A bit...not Jack.
We left around 9:00...and at approximately 9:35...while cruising on I-15...Jack had a little incident.
Or a big incident.
Throw up.
Everywhere.
yeeeeah!
I'll keep the details to a minimum.
Just take my word for it.
It was the worst of times I mentioned earlier.
We finally got home...washed up for Santa...and luckily Jack slept and had no other signs of sickness.
I think Santa was up until about 12:30 getting things ready.
I bet it took forever to put the 9999 pieces of his train table together.
How much do I love having a little creature in the house for Santa to visit?
A lot.
...
..
Christmas Day 12.25
Christmas Morning at Home
It would be safe to say that I was the most anxious about seeing what Santa had left on Christmas morning. I woke up, got ready, cleaned up, packed our bag for the day, loaded presents in the car,and de-smelled a carseat...all while my boys snoozed away.
..
Finally, at 8:30...they were awake!
Santa left our presents in the Bonus Room this year, so we headed up...anxious to see how Jack would react especially after his volatile state the night before.
Jack's loot:
...
He was busy busy busy from the second he walked through the door. Crashing trains and dunking baskets with everything from balls to stuffed animals.
...
And in case you were worried, Brett and I definitely weren't forgotten this year.
...
....
Christmas Morning at the Wankier Abode
My family gathered at my mom and dad's at 10:00 for presents and my mom's traditional yummy breakfast. How cool is it I get to see all my siblings and grandparents on Christmas?
I don't think I'd do well otherwise.
There was a lot of love going around.
I had to chase Jack down into my parents weight room to snap a picture of his Christmas outfit.
Amaze.
...
Jack seemed to think Brett was the coolest part of Christmas.
He spent the majority of the day on his heels.
He was, however, thouroughly entertained with the gifts from his cousins and grandparents during the present exchange.
Later we had a sweet combo of a short nap and over-stimulation to give us the true experience of being parents on Christmas.
.........
..
Christmas Afternoon/Evening in Alpine
Around 3:00. we made our way up to the Jones home to spend the rest of the day with them. Laurel prepared an amazing Christmas dinner, and then we had even more present opening!! I swear it too us an hour to unload our car last night when we got home.
...
A little time in a box with Zetta is always a good choice.
...
By the time we came home, the word "done" would be a good choice in describing Jack.
Luckily, Brandon and DeEtte agreed to come to our house around 10:00, so we came home a bit earlier than usual to put Jack to bed.
Good. Night.
/...
I woke up more tired this morning than I've felt in a long time.
Holidays can be exhausting around these parts, I tell you.
However, I couldn't be more grateful to have so much family to be around, and to share so much time with.
I wouldn't change a thing.
Tired babes and all...Wankier's, Jones', and my cute little family make it impossible not to like Christmas!
Definitely, the best of times.
............

2 comments:

Annie said...

Sheesh sis, I'm tired just reading all this. The thought of my Christmas posting makes me want to take a nap, which is exactly what I did all day! I was wondering why you asked me what Bon Bon was doing. So sorry. I will make it up to you.

First, monkey island needs to happen at least once a week this winter and I plan on wearing my sweat suit so I can carry Jack up the ladder with ease. That freaking scarf and my jeans were really holding me back.

Second, I have a darling picture of Jack staring Santa down and napkin throwing. I think I took more pictures on him than I did of my own kids. Is that weird?

Third, I love your interpretation of hippy shepherd. Peace man. Jack makes a perfect Baby Jesus. You must be so proud.

Fourth, curdled milk barf in the car may be the worst thing I can imagine. Good luck getting the smell out of Jack's car seat.

And last, my absolute favorite thing ever is when Jack ran to me with stars in his eyes on Christmas morning and held onto my knees waiting for me to pick him up. I just love that kid.

Christmas with kids is an experience that is both amazing and exhausting. It may take me until next Christmas to recover. Oh yes and I love my necklace! Best present ever.

hayleyrowan said...

Such cute pictures. Poor Jack getting sick. Luckily it didn't last long. Monet has had a horrible cold for a week. Once she's better I'm coming to that monkey island with you... i really want to try it... i mean monet really wants to try it. (!) Looks like you guys had a crazy xmas weekend. take a nap and relax. ps that train looks pretty sweet.