12.26.2014

Countdown to Christmas

The final days leading up to Christmas were chaotic as usual.
 
 
 
We decided to add to the chaos by building and selling Lego tables in the midst of it.
Don't ask.
Remember?  We're random.
 
 
The boys had so much excitement, it truly made the whole month magical and worth the craziness.

 
They had a blast making a gingerbread house with their awesome dad.

 
Brett was pretty amped too!



 
 
We were able to go to several Christmas parties (terrible picture taker), and the highlight at both the Tucker and Wankier parties was Grandpa Curt singing his Christmas songs with the help of his YOC chorus (the grandkids).  It really was super awesome.

 
The boys got to see Santa AGAIN one last time at my mom's party before the big night, and he even gave them a present that only added to their excitement!


 
2 days before Christmas, I chipped a filling and got to have unexpected dental work and a crown done... bleh. There were some complications, so I got to spend two separate days in the dentist chair. BOOOOO!
How old am I?


 
The traditional Christmas Eve celebration at the Jones home took place on the 23rd, and it was the Home Alone house x's 100.  Chaos at it's finest, but it's always a grand time.
 
The nativity was especially lovely.
 
Jack was a donkey, who refused to wear a costume (not his type).

 
Tucker was a sheep... who wouldn't sit still for a picture.

 
That's shocking, I know.
 
 
Every day, the anticipation and excitement built more and more.
The kids were so hyped up by Christmas Eve they were about to jump out of their skins!
Luckily, I was able to tie up all loose ends and check off all my last To Do items a few days before Christmas.  It made it possible for me to enjoy the last week of the holiday, and really made me want to start things earlier next year so I could avoid wasting so much of December next year being burdened by stress and chaos!
But alas, I suppose that's all part of it.
 
Craziness and all... I kinda like the hustle and bustle, especially spending so much time with family.
 It really was a great holiday season!

No comments: