11.29.2014

Thanksgiving 2014

 
Thanksgiving was action packed and wonderful.
 
A couple of days before Thanksgiving, I was able to help in Jack's class party (shocker I know) for their Thanksgiving Feast.  His personal feast consisted of tortilla chips.  Nothing else.
 
 
 
Sure is a cute little squirt in that turkey hat though.
 
If a preschool Thanksgiving feast doesn't get you AMPED for the big day... I don't know what will!
 
 
Thanksgiving morning, Annie and I ran in the Utah Run 10K in Highland.
We decided a couple of days before...and although I have never been into the racing scene for motivation behind my running, I thought, why not? 
I just really didn't want to be LAST.

 
 
Pre- Race... I was a goof and Annie's head was already in the GAME.
 


Starting Line:
 
We were so lucky to have the most adorable and supportive cheering squad helping us out along all 6+ miles.

 I knew before we even started that I'd be enjoying watching Annie from behind... and I was right.  Chick is a beast!
She went on to win!!!!  So freaking rad.  I was a proud sis-- and it was fun to be a part of the race with her vs. my usual sideline cheerleader role.

 
 

 
I didn't do too shabby.  Came in 5th place! For my first race, I was just glad I didn't totally DIE.



 
Serious... these darling faces at the finish line were the best part!

 

 
It was a great initiation into the racing world. 
Still don't think I'm going to be training for the Olympics anytime soon, but.... a small race here and there... especially with my sis... I'm game!
Felt great to feel strong and capable of doing it....come a long way from last year when I just felt CRAPPY.
 
Which is a perfect transition into a touching Thanksgiving post.
I really am so thankful for so many incredible things in my life.  Health is at the top of that list next to my amazing family and friends.
I was so lucky to be able to spend the rest of the day with exactly those people.
 
We headed to Alpine to enjoy a beautiful meal, and enjoy the company of the Warnicks, Tolmans, Nelsons, Brandon & DeEtte, Tiffany, etc!  It was awesome to have so many of them in town.

 
As things wound down in Alpine, I was feeling a bit weary from my early morning race and all the food in my gut, but I rallied for the sake of hanging out with some of my favorite people in this world.
 
Met up with my gal pals for a little Black Friday shopping.
Actually, I'm not sure you can even call it that... we really just walked around and drank Diet Coke and acted a fool... but, that's exactly what I needed!

 


 
How lucky am I to have these beautiful awesome friends?
 
Came home tired, but super grateful for a lucky life.

No comments: