4.05.2011

Let's Try Not to Stink

...
....
'Tis the season at the elementary school for maturation programs and some much anticipated health lessons on hygiene.
,,,
I teach about 75 subjects in the 8 hours that I work in a week, and I consider myself incredibly lucky that one of those happens to be 5th grade health...
g r o s s
....
Watching the awkward nature of an 11 year old is both painful and incredibly entertaining.
...
The past couple of weeks they have been doing group presentations on different areas of hygiene...
....
Hair
Nails
Hand Washing
Feet
Skin
Teeth Care
and
Body Odor (really!)
........
I was about 84% convinced that these reports would make a difference in these stinky little beings.
....
I was 84% wrong.
...
You know it's bad when you have to encourage your class with the simple goal of:
Let's just try not to stink.
....
...
Luckily....
On the home front, we are oozing good hygiene.
....
Jack recently acquired a step stool in his bathroom, and finds unmeasurable happiness from climbing up and brushing his teeth.
....
He brushes around 8-80 times a day.
....
Before bed....after lunch....early...late....
naked...
Pretty much any time is a good time to get in a brush!
...
This little mutt isn't allowed to be a fifth grader. Ever.
....
Oh...and I dare you to try and find a cuter butt in the world.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Careful! I have one of those stinky little fifth graders! :)
I love her even though her legs are really hairy!! I guess it is time........

Jessie said...

Look at the definition in Jack's legs. He could seriously be on the cover of the next S.I. swinsuit issue. Annie will be so proud of all that oral hygiene!

Jessie said...

I mean swimsuit...

Annie said...

I suppose he has replaced his love for me with teeth brushing, a pretty fair trade since I've been a bit distracted lately. These pictures are the definition of pure joy. I love how Jack takes a simple task and makes it the most exciting fun thing he's ever done. I need to figure out how to do that with laundry! I strongly believe our 5th grade boys will defy the odds and love to shower.

Anonymous said...

His bum is amazing!!!