4.25.2011

Easter 2011

Get ready for a picture bonanza.
....
It might be the fact that I haven't posted for like 10 years, and feel like a blogging loser-
or maybe just because we had an absolutely delightful Easter this year...
and I can't not post these pictures.
...
Jack's 2nd Easter was nothing short of amazing.
We kicked off the holiday at an Easter Egg Hunt and lunch at my aunt Missie's house.
Let me just say this was not your typical Easter egg hunt.
I have never seen so much loot.
The kids all walked away with a whole lot more than jellybeans.
Cars, bubbles, bats/balls, sidewalk chalk, games, money, candy, and more!
Jack totally got into the action.
We soon realized we should have brought a bigger basket!
Jack had so much fun playing on their play set and in their amazing playroom.
...
That night, after Jack went to bed, I made Brett color Easter eggs with me.
I quickly learned a startling fact....that Brett had never colored eggs before!!
Oh...was he in for a treat!
He totally hogged the magic crayon.
...
Then...he pulled this really awesome face when I tried hard to document our precious activity.
I think I pulled off precious a lot better....
/..
We made them really pretty.
...
....
Sunday morning Jack was greeted by a delivery from the Easter Bunny.
He was totally amused.
The Easter Bunny was really in tune to Jack's love for tooth brushing.
The Easter bunny was also incredibly aware of Jack's need for a new blankie.
You see...Jack does everything with his blankie at arms length.
He already has 2...and unfortunately he insists that they be the Nordstrom white basket weave blanket.
Here you see...the broken in ones are more of a lovely shade of grey than white.
He was skeptical at first.
But finally came around, realizing it was the right brand/color/and model!
...
...
We caught the first hour of church, and then headed up to my mom and dad's for brunch.
Jack sported a pretty amazing Easter tie.
My sweet mama gave all the kiddies movies...and Jack was pumped...but soon returned to his pink punch balloon!
Jack took a scrumptious nap while we ate, and Kate, Annie, and I colored some extra eggs for the kids who soon realized that rolling Easter eggs is the most fun they've ever had.
I purposely sabotaged the dye that Kate was using...as you can see by her face.
Us lady folk were completely entertained with our eggs and yacking it up with eachother.
The men, on the other hand, were busy competing in sprinting, jumping, and other high-testosterone contests
...
After Jack woke up, we let him in on the fun the kids were having outside with their eggs.
The afternoon was beautiful, and we enjoyed some time down by the pond.
(could these 2 be any cuter?)
...
Jack has a new personal nanny. Her name is Lucy.
It's amazing.
...
...
In the late afternoon, we headed up to Alpine to have another Easter feast with the Jones'.
....
Brandon and DeEtte were in town and joined us and the Tolman's. My picture taking energy was a bit exhausted by this point...but I managed to catch a few as Jack found himself outside in his jammies-- rather mesmorized by his cousins, and the neighbor's chickens.
He took some time pondering the day in the garden.
...
Our Easter was so wonderful.
....
I ate my weight in candy and sweet rolls...
and got to do it with all of my sweet family around me!
....

4 comments:

huggin said...

Oh my gosh, Jack's tie and shirt are the cutest things I have ever seen!

Annie said...

I know it's going to be hard for you to believe but Max just happened to get those exact same jammies for Easter, panda bear playing the guitar..classic. I agree Easter was extra festive and fun this year. Mom and dad's new table provided the perfect place for inappropriate dinner conversation for all. I am so excited to see how much bigger Crusher will be this summer...yikes! I look 9 months pregnant already. All of these pictures are darling by the way. You only missed the picture of Jack naked with his black socks. Perfect recap though, I was wondering what you were doing instead of talking to me.

Jessie said...

Great Easter recap. Love that Jack has already developed his taste for the finer things in life...Nordstrom blankie and a new toothbrush. What could be finer???

Anonymous said...

It's about time you post!! I was beginning to think something was wrong! So cute. I want to eat Jack's cheeks!!! I love how obsessed he is with toothbrushes. So funny.