11.11.2010

HELP

I woke up this morning with a lump in my throat.
...
I'm leaving my baby.
...
For 3 days.
...
(enter sick feeling)
...
... Brett's sweet grandma Ruth passed away last week, and we are leaving this afternoon for Oregon to attend the funeral.
...
I'm more than happy to go spend time with Brett's family and pay our respects...
but the minute we came to the conclusion that leaving Jack at home with Annie and my mom was the way to go....
I started dreading the day.
Sure...he knows Annie and my mom like surrogate mothers.
They're even sleeping at my house with him.
...
But, I've never left my little bambino overnight.
Or for 3 nights, no less.
...
So...blogging world....
...
Put my mind at ease.
...
Because a tear stained face does nothing for my overall look.
......
...
For the record: there could not be 2 more loving, capable, and adored-by-Jack people to be leaving Jack with.
This I do know.
I'm sure they'll enjoy the day to day "lesson plan" I left for them.
...
I need therapy.

3 comments:

Annie said...

This is a big step sis! Every mom goes through it but it's really hard that first time. Just know I will be giving the little man as much love as humanly possible. Once you get home it will feel like you never left. Jack loves you, he wanted me to tell you that.

Jessie said...

He'll probably have so much fun that he won't even want you to come home! JUST KIDDING! Hang in there and try to have a fun relaxing weekend with your hubby...at his grandma's funeral. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is the worst! But, totally needed too. Chase and I went to St. George this weekend and came home a day early because I was being too big of a baby. But, the second you get home you realize you should have just enjoyed the break while it lasted. Hope you can have fun without Jack!! :)