5.10.2010

Quite Possibly The "Perfect Day"

......
...
Mother's Day's day seemed pretty perfect.
...
However, this morning as I was cleaning up the house, Good Things Utah may have come on the TV (don't judge me), and although it was against my better judgement, I didn't change the channel. After hearing the ladies go on and on and on and on about their perfect children and how sugary sweet their presents were....I decided my goal for the day was to not sound like the ladies from Good Things Utah. Ever.
...
So...you can bet your boots I'll be taking the sap out of this post
(as much as a sap like myself can).
...
My first "real" Mother's Day did nothing but prove that motherhood is "where it is at."
Brett didn't have to go to his meetings that usually consume Sunday morning, which meant a morning at home with the 3 of us. Hallelujah!
...
Then, Brett surprised me with this:
......
Such a thoughtful gift since I usually have to squeeze in a run in the dark during the 32 seconds of the day that Brett is home to stay with Jack.
...
I am totally spoiled.
I'm telling you...being a mom has it's perks.
And...Brett's definitely worth keeping around.
Not just because of presents, of course.
But, presents certainly don't hurt.
.........
Another amazing gift of the day was coming into the bathroom to find this:
This is what happens when Brett bathes Jack.
.........
Then, we were off to my mom's for breakfast put on by the boys. My dad did a lovely job putting the whole thing together and getting all the food. The boys did all the cooking, Jack napped, and I sat and did nothing but love being outside in the gorgeous weather with these lovelies...
...
I was spoiled again with sweet gifts from my grandma's, as well as these from my mom:
(perfect to wear when running!)
...
&
Cookbook
Seriously...if you're like me, GET THIS COOKBOOK.
It is genius...I'm pretty sure even I can cook from it.
And there's like 9999999 recipes in it.
...
....
We spent most of the day outside at my parents and it really was heaven.
......
Then, it was home for an early evening walk with Jack, Brett, and my new stroller.
......
Really. A perfect day.

6 comments:

Robyn Cox said...

Oh man Sarah, that picture of Jack in the tub is priceless! I love it! I am so glad you had a perfect mother's day. You sure spent it with good company.

Annie said...

Where the good things are! Remember when moms nail girl saw Angie Larsen boozing it up at Harry O's! Can't wait for a ride in your new stroller. Let's try it out on Saturday

huggin said...

That stroller looks amazing. I wish they made them for big people and then maybe I could convince my mom to push me in one....

And I would never judge you for watching Good things..... I think I use to dvr it.

My friend did her internship with them and had some really interesting stories about the ladies... who are nothing like they seem....

hayleyrowan said...

happy first mothers day. looks like it was a good one! jacks bath time looks like a PARTY, don't tell Monet she'll think her baths are lame compared to his.

hayleyrowan said...

dude thanks for all the tips and help. i really appreciate it. i agree with the testing because sometimes i can eat a piece of pizza and i won't be sick so i don't know how intense it really is. i am starting to feel better though. i will check all of that stuff out. thanks again! (this could be more of a phone conversation than a community blog topic!!)

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I have watched my fair share of Good Things Utah..and don't judge, but I have even been to a live taping of the show! haha

So, not only do I want your new watch, but the picture of you and all your sisters/mom/grandmas is so cute! Your whole family is pretty much my inspiration for how cute I want to be one day.