5.16.2010

Battle of the Bonus Room

...
...
......
...My family recently made a plan to do a monthly dinner/game night.
(since we never see each other.)
Each month we take turns hosting this extravaganza.
This month was our first, and Brett & I were the hosts.
...
It was an evening of enchiladas & Bonus Room Olympics.
A dual of ...
Double Shot
Ping Pong
Darts
& Speed (card game)
..
Brett worked out quite a bracket and we all chipped in for a cash prize.
...
...
And after an hour of battling it out, the winners were....
I haven't been training for weeks or anything.
I swear.
...
...
The kids played the Wii and we ate root beer floats & a mountain of cookies.
...
There were all sorts of elbows thrown, girlish laughter (mostly from my dad and Randy playing double-shot), and a fair share of trash talk.
...
A great combo for family gaming.
Our monthly plan looks to be a success.
Thanks family.
You're pretty cool cats... I love hanging with you,
and you made me $40 bucks richer.
...
...
In other news this week...
...
This little mongrel came down with croup.
Poor little buddy.
We spent most of the week home doing far too much of this:
My brain is officially yo gabba'd.
...
Luckily, things started looking up today.
And the weather...glorious.
We spent the afternoon at the park, and it did all three of us some good.
...
Croup is the poops.
But, I think we're on the mend.
Hopefully the runny nose never goes away.
It's such a nice touch.

9 comments:

Lou said...

You better believe I check your blog before I go to bed. Don't worry about it.

Your family rules. Sounds like a great time...but I secretly think you and Brett cheated. Isn't it a universal rule that the hosts can't win?

Poor little Jack baby. Ty's had a runny nose for a week...teething...and I feel so bad when he can't breathe through his binks. Get feeling better Jack!

How about we talk this week?

hayleyrowan said...

so fun. love the pics. of course you would win, you spend hours practicing while brett is at work everyday. poor jack. hope he's feeling better.

Annie said...

Wow...there are some charming photos of yours truly! I look like I am duking my shorts in that picture of us at the double shot. You failed to mention that you also snaked 10 bucks from each couple to enter the tournament, knowing full well you would dominate. Well played sis...just wait until it's my turn to host the party. I'm just saying you may want to start training for slip n' slide wars..entry fee 50 bucks, winner takes all!

Jessie said...

I WANNA COME!!! I'll even host. But my fee is a flat rate of $75.99. I can't tell you what that entails but I promise you it will be worth it! Just let me know.

Crystal said...

How fun!! I totally think you cheated. But thats okay I would have. Sorry Jack was sick. He is so stinkin cute.

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have been invited!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]Phen375 375[/url] are tablets that supporter reduce fuselage weight. Everybody of these tabs has to be infatuated with water, round 20 minutes ahead of a repast, twice a day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.payloansonline.com]online payday advance[/url]
This is the best way to get all your health products online like green coffee, african mango, phen375 and others. Visit now

[url=http://www.prlog.org/12061104-green-coffee-bean-max-and-weight-loss-honest-review-and-proper-research-by-greencoffeebeanmaxbuycom.html]Green Coffee Bean Max[/url]