9.15.2009

I'm Baaaack....

Sorry for the blog hiatus (I know it has broken some hearts).

*****

Between a trip to California for Brett's brother Brandon's wedding, and an Internet BREAKDOWN at the Jones home, my permanent keyboarding stance has been neglected.

****

*
We left for Oakland on Thursday night to make our first trip as a "family."
*****
Jack was an absolute ANGEL throughout our adventures.

*****

A checklist of Jack's trip:

*****

Quite and Calm Plane Ride....check.
*****

Withstanding Airport Chaos...check.

*****

Remaining Chill During Loooooong Car Rides...check.

*****

Keeping His Cool While His Parents Got Lost 99 times....check.

***

Ears Burned from Mom and Dad's Choice of Words....check.

*****

Mom Controlling a Hearty Appetite While Losing His Diaper Bag for one hour......check.

*****

Reverence During a Rehearsal Dinner....check.

*****

Abandoned While Mom and Dad Went to the Wedding.....check.

*****

Happy and Content During Wedding Reception....check.

*****

*****Sleeping All Night Long in a Hotel....check.

*****

Missed Naps....check.

*****

A Jaunt in San Francisco....check
*****
Borderline Abusively Wet Diapers...check.

**
*** Smiling and Laughing at Mom in the Midst of Her STRESS...check.

*****
This kid is a real peach.

*****

***** The wedding was in Oakland and was beautiful. We were even able to sneak in a little bit of down time over the weekend there to explore Pier 39 in San Francisco. It was especially nice to have Brett with us nonstop for 3 and a half straight days!

Congratulations

to Brandon and our new sister-in-law DeEtte!

We are so glad we were able to be with you!

Won't it be grand to have another blonde to balance the Jones family pictures!

*****

We didn't take nearly enough pictures...but here are a few gems.

Pier 39...brrrr *****

Oakland Temple...a rainy morning.

The New Mr. and Mrs. Jones

Brett took his Best Man duties very seriously as you can see.

My little executive ready in his wedding fancies.

Gussied up for the Reception

8 comments:

Annie said...

I think you were in mid-post as I'm making this comment! I am so on top of it, it's sad...really would I get a life? Jack and that tie are too amazing for words, he looks utterly disgusted that he had to wear it! And don't even get me started on how amazing you look. I'm so glad you're home and your internet is functioning properly!

Bianca said...

yep, you guys are a very good looking family! looks like a fun trip!

hayleyrowan said...

he looks so cute all dressed up. glad you made it ok. a lost diaper bag sounds like a nightmare!

huggin said...

Sarah! You look absolutely beautiful. I have been sitting here coveting your white shirt, tan skirt, sweater and to top it off... lovely headband! I had started to miss you in the blogging community, glad that you are back!

Robyn Cox said...

What a cute little guy Jack is...I love his manly tie! Fun to see a new post - glad you are all home safe.

Anonymous said...

I did actually miss your blogging! Jack is seriously amazing. And, of course you look adorable in every photo. What I would give for your wardrobe. I am so glad that Jack had a successful trip...minus the abusive diapers! :)

Jenny said...

What a little angel you have! Airplane trips can be very scary but it sounds like he handled it well. It's crazy having to pack everything through security and having to strip down at the same time (they made me take off Kaden's shoes too! HELLO! Like my little 9 month old was hiding a swiss army knife in them and planned on hijacking the plane! Duh...) You look gorgeous btw...I'm always jealous at your amazing sense of fashion.

Lyssa Beth said...

Sarah!
Hey, it's Lyssa...terry..now Zimmerman. I found your blog through Maggie's. Yes, i am a full fledged stalker...
Anyways, your little family is adorable! Congrats on the adorable little boy! Glad things are going well for you guys!
Lyssa
I will just tell you that I will probably add you to my blog list since I want to see what you are up to...if that's okay...:)