4.12.2015

Easter 2015

Let's just preface this post by saying Easter left me EXHAUSTED, and more tired than I've been in...my life!
 
I love Easter, and this year was fantastic...with wonderful weather and lots of family time.
 
We started things off Friday, coloring eggs with the boys.
I figured 5 dozed should suffice.
 
 
They had a blast until about 3 dozen in, and then they were off with their light sabers.


 
We spent some time up in Alpine that night, with the Warnick's and Brandon's families in town.
 
Saturday morning, we were back it!
We all headed down to Mapleton to Tana and Matt's, where they hosted a PERFECT day of fun, relaxation, and EATING!
 
It was truly the ideal place for kids and adults alike to play and have a great time.


 
An Easter egg hunt was part of the craziness.
I mean... look at ALL these kids (boys!)


 
I think Jack found about 2 pieces of candy he'd even think of touching, and the rest got discarded to little brother:



 
 
We were there until almost 10:00 pm as we waited for all the menfolk to get back from the Priesthood session. 
 
Probably the best part of the day was Tucker taking an unexpected 2 hour nap with me on the couch.
Hea-ven.
 
 
 
The next morning was EASTER, and every year is a real treat, because my kids forget that the Easter Bunny comes.  There are no high expectations, and they are genuinely surprised when we tell them to go find their baskets for a surprise.

 


 
They were elated.
 
They got Legos, pj's, water bottles, robotic fish, books, movies...
Man. Easter is a second Christmas, I swear.

 




 
Jack was also pretty pleased that the Easter Bunny only included candy he likes in his basket.
 
Mornings like this are one of my favorite parts of being a mom.
 
 
 
We headed over to my moms for the rest of the day around noon, and it was another incredible day of family, great weather, and delish food.


 
We had the traditional egg hunt down by the pond, and my parent's truly outdid themselves.


 
This face says it all.  My sweet mom and dad made special "Jack" eggs that only had Starbursts and Smarties in them for this crazy weird eater.
Jack is so used to not partaking in food-related celebrations.
Once he realized they were catered to him.. he sat and opened every single on in amazement.
 



 
We are the absolute luckiest to have both families to spend time with and enjoy.
My kids are so lucky to grow up with such incredible COUSINS who they adore.

 



 


 
We threw eggs, played ball, I felt crappy... yadda yadda.
 
 



 
And, by about 6:00, I called it.
 
We were all like this:
 

 
It literally took me a couple of days to recover from the non stop fun...but, it's a problem I will gladly accept in exchange for so much family time.

No comments: