9.10.2014

Rough patch


The end of August threw us a few curve balls.
Unfortunately, these curve balls hit in the midst of an overwhelmingly busy Wave Runners stretch, where we had double booked weeks/weekends for multiple weeks.

The first real blow came in the form of a terrible stomach bug that hit me HARD.
Harder than I think I've ever been hit.
After 36 hours of hell, I thought I had seen the worst of it and was on the mend.
Brett had been working full time Rimrock, setting up WR events, and then working them all night.
I desperately wanted to help out as planned, and was feeling like I was in the shape I needed to be in to get back to the fair to help out.

I went down to work a 4-10:00 night shift at the Utah County Fair, and let's just say, it will NEVER be forgotten.
And, if I ever step foot at that event again, I will die of complete shock.

After about an hour or two in, the bug came back in full force x's 10.
I was in and out of the fair bathroom every 5-10 minutes.
I'll leave the details to the imagination.

Let's just say, throwing up and then being faced with turkey legs and funnel cakes on your way back to load inflatable balls is less than ideal.

By 9:00, my sweet employees agreed.  We had to call it.
We closed down early, and it took everything inside me to even make it home alive.

I practically crawled in the door, and endured another 36 hours of torture.

Proof:



I looked like death. 
Felt pretty darn close to it too.



Poor Brett had to bear the burden of these events on his own, while I tried not to die.
And, luckily, my family saved the day (again), and filled in every needed place in the process.


Less than 2 weeks later, Brett and I got some of the saddest news we have ever received to date in either of our lives.

Our dear friend, Chris Davis passed away.

This was particularly hard on Brett as they were best friends since childhood.
Our history is long with Chris, and it was the hardest of pills to swallow to accept him being gone.

We worked for days to compile a video for Chris' viewing and funeral, which was difficult and therapeutic.  Unfortunately, this hard time was even more complicated with stupid Wave Runners pandemoneum going on in the meantime.  Brett also had his 32nd birthday during this week, which was not one to remember.  We did our very best to celebrate, but the cloud of sadness we were feeling couldn't really be ignored.

Pretty sure basic needs weren't met for a few days, but we got through it.

I'm not sure, however, that we will ever fully get over this unfortunate and heartbreaking loss.






It's true what they say about hard times, however.

You sure learn to appreciate the good ones.

No comments: