11.05.2013

Daddy Daughter Pheasant Hunting


It's almost been a year since my sisters and I gave my dad this for Christmas...


It was a date to the Duck Club, with us and our papa.

Finally...it happened!

He took us up for the opener of the Pheasant Hunt...and man, oh man, was it an experience!

He bought us all new boots...matching sweatshirts and hats!  To say it was something I will never forget is an understatement. We rarely have the opportunity to hang out with my dad like this...and it was really cool to be in his world for the weekend.

We got up to the club just in time for appetizers and to meet the guys of the Chesapeake!
My dad treated us to chips and salsa and some edamame at the trailer before we headed over to the clubhouse. He's the cutest.

We met all his peeps, and had ourselves a fine time.

We even earned ourselves an invite to the after-party at the ritziest place of the Chesapeake.

Here we are living it up on the deck as we admired the view of the marsh.
 



We hung out and laughed back at the trailer until bedtime, where Annie and I shared a bed and giggled some more.

We were awoken at 6am by the smell of breakfast and the sound of my dad clunking around in the kitchen.


He made us bacon, eggs, croissants, fruit, etc.
I could not love this man more.

We got geared up, and we were off to find our hunting spot.

Surprising I know...but, us girls aren't licensed hunters...so, we were more along for the ride, and to admire my dad in his element.

He shot his limit in hardly any time, and we were in awe of his never missing a bird!








Selfie.

He decided to bend the rules a bit, and let us all take a shot at a bird.





Turns out, none of us are a very good shot.
We all missed.

I even missed when I tried to shoot one that was still on the ground!
That one was close.... at least, that's what my sweet dad made me think!



We kept busy idolizing my dad, and pretending to not be girly.



Annie and I took his mini-truck out for a spin...
We're totally legit.




We went back to the trailer, where my dad cooked up the pheasants...what a man's man!
After, we headed over to the clubhouse for lunch before we made the trek back home.


It was such a wonderful time being with my sisters and dad.  We had a lot of laughs, and learned things about my dad that I'll never forget.

It was reconfirmed to me that, my dad is a really really really great guy.



And we're all incredibly lucky that he's our dad.

I can't wait for another excuse to hang with him!


1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh man, can I just copy and paste this post to my blog please? Excellent recap sis. How lucky are we to have our daddy? I have to give you mad props because you were the mastermind behind this trip. Now we need to get working on our idea for his gift this year...ALOHA!