8.04.2011

Outings Galore

So...it's time for a little late July-Early August update of our outings the past couple of weeks. A couple of Saturday's ago...Brett and I took Jack to Thanksgiving Point Farm Country. His favorite parts....the turkeys (?), feeding a goat, feeding the ducks, and playing in jail.
Bunnies....rock on!
...
... The weekend of the 24th, Brett and I organized a little Wankier to-do up AF canyon.
We all met up for s'mores and roasted Mambas.
We also brought along some bars of Ivory soap and plastic knives for everyone to do some (safe) carving. It was a total flashback to my childhood days up the canyon.
Thankfully, the scout master just happen to have a hammock in the back of the car.
He never ceases to amaze me with his randomness.
Brett's pirate ship has since been sent to the Smithsonian.
Jack was nothing short of a clump of dirt when we left.
(Max was really happy for this picture.) ...
...
Just this week, Annie and I had the genius idea of taking the boys to the zoo.
We headed out early to beat the heat... and to beat Annie going into pre-mature labor!
...
The boys were so good and had such a great time. And...we were able to keep Crusher from falling out of Annie's loins...so overall, it was a success!
(proof that in all of our outings...I did exist) ...
... Jack's favorite part #1: Water Statue
Jack's Favorite Part #2: The Carousel
Jack's Favorite Part #3: The Tiny Sleeping Sand Cat (almost exactly the same of the stray cats in our neighborhood)
He's working hard here to get a little closer.
We all left pretty wiped out after our nearly 4 hour outing.
Jack stripped down into a sleevless onsesie and slept passed 6:00.
Then...he woke up making all sorts of animal noises...and ready to go!
.... ....
Summer, please stick around.
We'd like to kick it with you a little longer.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so glad Crusher stayed in my loins! HAHAHA...barely though! I'm trying to gear up for yet another summer outing today, the pool. Can we do it sis? The bigger question is can my small maternity suit handle my large body? I love how we rule as moms. Remember when you said that? We pretty much do.
Thanks for taking pictures of me from the neck up by the way! I knew you had my back.

Anonymous said...

How have I gone 3 years of being a mother and not knowing that the sleeveless onsie existed?!!! That is amazing. And, once again, I am in love with Jack's cheeks.