5.20.2011

Because I've Been a Blog Slacker

Here's a quick Jones Rundown:
I'm pretty sure in the last month, Jack has grown up at least a year.
....
My lack of quality photos has something to do with the fact that I'm too lazy to get my camera and end up taking the majority of my pictures with my phone...
AND
Even with a good camera...most pictures of Jack end up like this:
because he is one fast little monkey these days.
...
However, it is not difficult to catch Jack looking adorable.
Feast your eyes on some snapshots of him over the last month.
...
....
As you can see...
Jack is still quite fond of his blankie.
He really is a great combo of crazy and really really sweet.
....
He is totally going through a phase of obsession with dogs and went for a spell insisting on wearing his Halloween puppy costume at all sorts of random times.
Jack loves to be a total nut and get a laugh from anyone who will watch.
.....
His thumb still takes a close second to his blankie...
and I live for this little smirk.
....
He is by far the most suave (almost) 2 year old at church....
.......as you can see.
...
...
And...while my child is perfect and never throws fits...
occasionally we get a bit of this:
....
It's worth it though because the rest of the time... he looks like this:
Ummm....when did my baby turn into a full-on man?
His adorableness is too much to handle.
Do you like his drivers license photo?
///...
....
As for Brett and I:
We have been working hard getting the yard fully landscaped (finally!).
,,,
Brett is busy busy busy (what's new?) with work, scouts, finishing his very last classes, and being worshipped by Jack.
,,,...
I finish up teaching in the next couple of weeks, have been doing my Oilo blog writing, and was super lucky to find out yesterday that I have shingles.
No...not the kind on a roof.
(We've had those for some time now.)
...
I'm talking shingles...like the awful kind that cause the worst nerve pain that you can imagine and bring a lovely rash to go along with it.
For like 10 days!
Yes...those shingles.
Dead sexy shingles.
I know you're thinking that shingles are an old person's disease...
and I'll let you go on thinking that...
you should just feel (really) sorry for me while you're at it.
...
How's that for ending on a happy note?

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Sarah Jack is adorable. All those pictures are so cute. I'm so sorry about the shingles. Thats sounds so painful. Not fun.

Jessie said...

Geez Granny! Why in the hell do you have shingles! Guess it's something you can thank Grandpa and your dad for. Jack is GQ as always. When did he turn 12?

Annie said...

Oh my sweet little Jack. Your little nanie will be home soon. We need a lunch date tomorrow for sure. Oh wait. . . Is your mom still contagious? Maybe i will come rescue you!

melimba said...

Okay, first off, SHINGLES STINK! I had them right after I found out I was pregnant with Cal---meaning NO medication except Tylenol. I hope they are able to give you some MAJOR medications, b/c like you very well know---SHINGLES STINK!!
I'm so sorry. Best of luck getting over that delight. It's just so awful... I'm dying inside just thinking about you! GOOD LUCK!

Let's talk about Jack. He's a LEGIT kid. What happened?! Darling as ever, though.

And, hello, you're working for Dorte's company? SO cool! I love that! I'll have to tune in to their blog to see your fun stuff! COOL COOL!

Good work, all around---well, all except contracting that Shingle virus. :(
love. melis.